Topic: Re: NAA Radius rods bent
|Ford 9N, 2N & 8N Discussion Forum|
[Show Entire Topic] [Return to Forum]
[Show Entire Topic]
[Return to Forum]
[Add a Reply]
The easiest repair is replacement from a salvage yard as used radius arms are inexpensive.
That said, I have straightened several as follows:
1. Remove the arms and reinstall in the inverted position such that the bow is downward.
2. Secure a length of chain to the rear of the arm at the socket and to the front axle at the arm attachment point. The chain should lay on the floor sufficiently to place a block of wood on top of the chain.
3. Place a suitably sized bottle jack on top of the block of wood beneath the downward facing bow in the radius arm. If the arms are badly bowed, a suitably sized length of angle iron cupped around the arm is helpful. Note: the arms are hollow.
4. Slowly extend the jack until the bow is slightly upward.
5. Strike the arm from above with a 2-4 lb. hammer a couple of times before releasing the jack.
6. Release the jack, remove the chain and reinvert the arms.
|Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies! Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ More Info ]|
| Copyright © 1997-2013 Yesterday's Tractor Co.|
TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
|About this site - Yesterday's Tractors is your one-stop source for antique tractors. If you are interested in older tractors you've come to the right place! Join more than 275,000 other classic tractor enthusiasts from all over the globe. We have many resources for antique tractor enthusiasts available including photos, classified ads, more than 24 tractor discussion forums, a show guide, values, specs and much more. Bookmark this site and come back often. Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to use our feedback form to send us your comments, suggestions and ideas.|